Today is

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Janesville Jaycees And Friends Spectacular

If I was in charge of a large fireworks display, I would want a 10-minute rain about a half-hour before it began, followed by a part cloud-cover with gentle, gentle breezes. That's exactly what happened during the run-up of the Janesville Jaycees Fourth of July fireworks display at Traxler Park. Although the rain appeared somewhat ominous at first, it stopped like somebody just turned off a garden spigot -right on cue.
We were blessed.
The fireworks display lasted approximately 52 minutes and the grand finale was.....was.....was......AWESOME!!!!!

It made me want to take a step back and think. It made me proud of the people who had the fortitude to put this event together, AND it made me proud to be an American. A warm and welcome feeling of déjà vu.

There were a lot of things to do at this two-day celebration. I cannot do the event justice with mere words or a couple of pictures. You had to be there. It had EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment