Today is

Friday, March 11, 2011

Firefighters: "Move Your Money" Out From M&I Bank

Dane 101 Excerpt:
When the firefighters arrived at the Capitol this morning they started the chant "MOVE YOUR MONEY!" Firefighters Local 311 President Joe Conway told the audience they should move their money out of M&I Bank. The bank was one of the leading contributors to the Walker campaign due to contributions by current and former executives and board members.

DailyKos Excerpt:
Firefighters in Wisconsin marched to the M&I bank earlier today in Madison and withdrew their money. In total they took an estimated $192,000. They asked others to follow their lead. Apparently others did.

Just updated:
A call to M&I's Capitol Square branch confirms the bank is closed for the rest of the day.

Read letter from public employee consortium to M&I here.

Firefighters: Move Your Money

No comments:

Post a Comment