Today is

Saturday, May 12, 2007

April Jury Found Ziegler Not Guilty

The second most confusing and depressing time for me as a fundamental voting American happened when Annette Ziegler was elected to the Wisconsin State Supreme Court. The worst time I’ve had in the past ten years as far as my faith in the wisdom of the American public is concerned was when George W. Bush was re-elected in 2004. That one stands out as the runaway leader in my “Dumb As A Rock” Award.

So I feel even more perplexed when local mainstream media commentators write that Ziegler doesn’t deserve her seat in the court because she is unethical, doesn’t get it or …..
JG Excerpt:
She is lying or incompetent. – Stan Milam
Now I completely agree with Stan but where was he on this issue the month before the election? He may have spoken out against Ziegler on his radio show or in his column before the election, but for some reason I couldn’t find any references on the Web and even if he did, it couldn’t have been too memorable. I just don’t recall what his position was before now.

But Stan’s opinion now is right on the button except for one big overruling force – that the biggest jury pool in the state of Wisconsin knew of these allegations, her depth of complicity and conflict of interest and said – we don’t care. A majority of 58% voted for her and her checkered past instead of the honest and professional Linda Clifford. Besides, these were not high crimes, they were minor procedural mistakes that should have only guaranteed her an election loss, but the people have spoken. Ziegler was above the law back then and she still is now, 58% said so and that’s good enough for me and it should be good enough for the Ethics Board and fellow Supreme Court Justices. It may not be smart, but that’s democracy in all its glory for good or bad.

My opinion before the election.

2 comments:

xoff said...

The "jury" of voters in November 1972 found Richard Nixon innocent of Watergate, too, I suppose.

But that didn't hold up in the long run.

Lou Kaye said...

No way am I defending Ziegler but there is a difference with Nixon in both timing and substance. As much as I would like to see it, I just don't see her losing or forfeiting her judgeship over this.

Post a Comment