Today is

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Rock Netroots Twitter Account Shut Down


A friend sent me a screenshot of the view they encountered when they visited my Twitter account this morning. I had no idea at the time.


I tried to re-open the account by entering my landline phone number, but to no avail. It said "unsupported number." I then tried entering it several different ways (with a 1, without a 1, with dashes, etc.) and none of that worked either. It then said I'm timed out because I tried too many times.

As ridiculous as this is, I find it comical with the notion that I've apparently offended somebody enough to report me to Twitter and Twitter agreed.

In the meantime, I have lost all functionality of the account and expect it to remain in this condition indefinitely. They also removed the accounts I followed from the dashboard.

And that's where it stands.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not open a new account?

Lou Kaye said...

I'm hoping it doesn't come to that mainly because I value my followers.

It does say temporary so hopefully it's just a glitch on their end with automatic restoration. I don't understand why they want to disrupt my tweeting yet leave my timeline open for viewing. ???

Anonymous said...

Twitter does this to a lot of their account holders with just a simple complaint. They keep the page open but don't allow the user to use it. It's called the gulag. Yours is unusual because of the opening page warning visitors whether to proceed. I've never seen that before. But it's not like I'm a twitter expert.

It looks like they really want to hurt you. Weird. Good luck getting it re-opened.

Jake formerly of the LP said...

Just checked it. Says that it's still "restricted for unusual activity." Any word o why they did that?

Post a Comment