Today is

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Erpenbach: Stop Worrying, We'll Work Things Out With Cullen

Facebook Source

Wisconsin Democratic Senator Jon Erpenbach and I talked around 8:45 p.m. tonight about the situation involving the conflict between Democratic Senate Leader Mark Miller and Democratic Senator Tim Cullen. Senator Jon Erpenbach authorized me to assure the public to stop worrying about this matter. He said to tell everyone that "I expect everything to be worked out."

Sen. Cullen announced today that he, upset over not getting the sort of committee appointments he wanted from Sen. Miller, was leaving the Democratic Senate Caucus and considering becoming an Independent rather than a Democratic senator.

I repeat: Senator Jon Erpenbach authorized me to assure the public to stop worrying about this matter. He said to tell everyone that "I expect everything to be worked out."

I take those words to mean that we can expect Senator Tim Cullen to remain a member of the Democratic caucus and to remain a Democratic senator in our state, rather than switching to be an independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment