Today is

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rep. Duffy Just Another Con-Man

Titled,"House freshmen push bills that benefit big donors."

USA Today Excerpt:
•Rep. Sean Duffy, R-Wis., is the lead sponsor of legislation that recently passed the House that would curb the powers of a new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. He has received nearly 40% of his political action committee donations this year from the financial services and insurance PACs. The bureau, which has broad authority to protect consumers from financial fraud, is backed by consumer advocates and opposed by banks.

Duffy spokesman Brandon Moody said his boss wants to rein in regulatory overreach and protect small banks "suffering under onerous rule-making requirements."

Here's the line that all Congressionals and their staff will memorize and parrot. Our own Congressman Paul Ryan has used this expertly in the past to squirm out of accusations of foul play.

So repeat after me...

"Campaign contributions play no role. People give to me because they support my ideas, my principles and my issues. They are not contributing to me because I'm doing what they ask."

Yeah, rrright.

No comments:

Post a Comment